E Pluribus Reluctor --(those who resist)

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Why Rudy?

Being a Californian, I always heard that NYC was a dangerous, dirty city run by the mob, with the the scraps being fought over by street gangs. Remember the movie "Escape From New York?" ...silly movie, but the image was somewhat accurate. Anyway, as a young kid, I remember some guy named Giuliani was always up front, putting mob guys in jail. Then later, I started hearing how much better NYC had become. People were often discussing walking through Central Park at night. I still don't know if I would do that, but it is clear that there was a major clean-up operation completed in NYC under Rudy's watch.

Flash forward to 9/11.

An outright act of war was declared on us by a theology. The world's financial hub was destroyed in an hour, our defense center almost suffered the same fate, and our center of government narrowly escaped total destruction as well. Rudy was up front immediately. He didn't hide out with protection details. He was grubby, tired, but solid and in control of information. This was clearly the result of previous years of good planning and knowledge of the departments of the city he operated. In short, on that Tuesday morning I saw the model of a President, and said it then. I knew we'd see him in this position some day, and that day is here. The threat has only retreated to the shadows momentarily, regrouping, planning, biding time. Remember, 9/11 was was put in motion five years before its execution. There will be other attacks, and no Democrat is prepared to take the action required. And most Republicans have become weak-kneed in the glare of world opinion, shaped by anti-US and liberal ideologies.

I believe the sole issue in this race is national security. Without it, health care, global warming, the economy, abortion, etc., are mere side shows for peace-era politics. I think Rudy understands this, and that is why had my vote before he even decided to run for President. Rudy has been my candidate since 9/12/2001, and will be our President on 1/20/2009.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home